Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eighty-Twenty: Prelude to a wasted life

Think about the list of things you want to accomplish within a night's span of 6 hours starting 6pm and you'd be amazed by what you can produce. Here's what I can, only if I were to put my heart into getting it done:

1. Write a feature story
2. Think 3 possible news features to write over the next 7 days
3. Scour Temasek Review for timely debates
4. Read a quarter of a book
5. Write a prelude to a good novella
6. Flea the Flea (Flea Seah)
7. Tag all my friends over msn/ facebook of the newest and hippest of coming events

See? There's much to do in the confines of a room, in solitaire.

Instead, irony's at large, turning table-tops. As the 80-20 rule aptly writes, "We spend more time on the unnecessary than accomplishing what we can/ should."

I'm hereby pronounced guilty for squandering away my entire night, stalking the blog of someone I used to dislike with heavy distaste some 8 years back who's happily leading a glorious life as portrayed, which has led to an accumulation of a sea of tears on my lap. (The only thing constructive which I did for 20 minutes was to scrawl my opinion on Temesek Review's facebook page that earned myself 3 likes and 4 new friends, before navigating away elsewhere.)

Life's Never Fair. Bite It All, Till Your Lips Bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment